Wednesday 19 January 2011

Dear people who make decisions about stem cell research and creating new life

I fail to understand how you cannot make a dinosaur. In the documentary ‘Jurassic park’ it clearly shows how you find a bug with dinosaur DNA in it and then make a dinosaur. I have been thinking about where you could implant the dinosaur baby so that it can grow. If it is a smallish dinosaur like a velociraptor you could use an ostrich, as they lay massive eggs. If it was a bigger dinosaur I am not sure as I do not know if massive dinosaurs come from eggs, I think I missed this part of the documentary. If they do not you could probably use an elephant. I think this is a good idea anyway as elephants have nice temperaments and the dinosaur might be more likely to be friendly – like when humans raise tigers and they are just like massive friendly cats (now and again this doesn’t work out and the tiger eats the person, but it is probably worth the risk). On the subject of tigers and elephants, they have both survived in both the olden days and in modern times so I see no reason why dinosaurs wouldn’t be able to manage in today’s society. For example, it is not as though we let panthers roam the streets and eat everyone is it, so as long as you keep the dinosaurs in the wild I’m pretty sure it would be alright. I recommend you talk to Richard Attenborough about this as he was in the documentary and also probably David as I bet he knows loads of stuff about dinosaurs and how best to approach one in a difficult situation.

I do understand the debates around stem cells and creating new life but if you look at it from a ‘pro-life’ angle then dinosaurs deserve a life just as much as you or I. I will be happy to do a presentation on this topic to a room full of scientists and the Attenborough’s. I almost met Richard Attenborough once, so I could probably convince him to come. I will show scenes from Jurassic Park and then give a talk.

Kind Regards,

Dr Bearhead


No comments:

Post a Comment